For printing, you can download a copy of the park rules here:
or read online below:
Park Rules for Stud Farm Park,
Oxcliffe Road, Morecambe
In these rules:
- “Occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies.
- “You” and “your” refers to the home-owner or other occupier of a park home.
- “We” and “our” refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which home-owners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly: they are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 22nd June 2016; and no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of any rules in existence before that date.
The Park Home
(1) Only park homes of proprietary manufacture which conform to the definitions contained in the relevant Acts of Parliament may occupy pitches on the park.
(2) Any occupier who wishes to make external alterations or additions to their home or pitch must request and receive our approval beforehand, in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed).
(3) Occupiers are responsible for ensuring that all electrical and gas installations and appliances in their home are safe and comply with current standards.
Occupiers must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition.
(4) External decoration and colour must be maintained to the satisfaction of the park owner.
(5) In the event that your park home ceases to be habitable, or is no longer in use, it is your responsibility to remove your park home from the pitch and make good the pitch in not more than 3 months from the date that your home is no longer habitable or no longer in use.
(6) You must not remove your park home from the park without first obtaining our permission (which will not be unreasonably withheld). You must not bring a new home onto the park without our permission.
Annual Ground Rent
(7) Annual Ground Rent is payable monthly in advance. This payment does not constitute a letting of any kind.
(8) Council Tax and Utilities must be paid promptly to the relevant authority.
Invoices relating to electricity and water not supplied directly by a utility company must be paid without delay.
(9) You must not rent or sublet your home, in whole or in part.
(11) You may sell or gift your home without prior consent of the park owner. All sales must be carried out in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 2013. It is the seller’s responsibility to complete all the appropriate forms and pass all relevant documentation to the purchaser. The purchaser will pay the seller 90% of the sale price. The buyer will then pay the remaining 10% to the park owner within 7 days of completion in accordance with the above mentioned Act.
Condition of the Pitch
(12) For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
(13) You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure until you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
(14) You must not have external fires, including incinerators. (Barbecues are permitted.)
(15) You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
(16) You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
(17)You must insure your home annually against loss damage by theft, fire, storm or other damage including third party liability etc.
(18) Storage sheds are permitted and should be sourced by you, the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position any shed so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements.
(19) You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than sheds mentioned as described in rules above, and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
(20) You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
Where waste is collected by the local authority:
(21) You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
(22) You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
(23) You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However, you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
(24) You must not place any advertisements or signs on your pitch or any part of the park or in any part of your park home so as to be visible from the outside, save for advertisements as would ordinarily and reasonably be required for the sale of your park home.
Age of Occupants
(25) The park is intended to cater mainly for retired/semi-retired persons. No person under the age of 50 years may purchase a home on the park, or claim the home as their only or main place of residence, with the exception of the Park Owner, his family, or a Park Warden. In special circumstances (including compassionate grounds) a family member under the age of 50 may take up permanent residence with their family, by requesting and receiving our permission in writing.
(26) You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
(27) You must not keep more than 2 pets at your park home (save always that you must not keep any dog of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any pet under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must not allow any pet to despoil the park. When in communal areas, you must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length.
(28) Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog, if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
(29) The express terms of your Written Agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the home-owner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, inconvenience, or disturbance to other occupiers at the park, and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets.
(30) The rules concerning pets do not have retrospective effect. If the keeping of the pet complied with any previous rules, an occupier will not be treated as being in breach when these rules take effect. However, when the pet dies or leaves it can only be replaced if this would comply with these rules.
(31) You must only use fire point hoses in case of fire.
(32) You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.
Vehicles and parking.
(33) You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
(34) Any parking of more than 2 vehicles on the park must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably).
(35) You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
(36) The car park is not to be used for long term parking.
(37) You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
(38) Disused or non roadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
(39) Caravans and motor homes may be kept on the plot, provided that such parking conforms to Lancaster City Council site license standards in force at the time, particularly any standards relating to separation and safe distance.
(40) You must not keep, use or display guns, firearms, nor any item which may be classified as an offensive weapon on the park including crossbows.
Site Rules version 29th April 2016